Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Torimatsu - Gardena


Chicken. Every kind of chicken, every part of the chicken, every preparation of the chicken. If you do not like chicken...find a different restaurant and why are you still reading?


We only tried three things that did not contain chicken. First, this complimentary appetizer with soft soaked potato in a sweet, palate-opening broth.  



A side of Grilled Rice Ball, a cohesive triangle of crispy rice coating a cod roe core. This is the best rice ball...in the world. 


A happy ending, digestif bowl of Miso Soup in lieu of dessert. 


Now the chicken. The offal. I don't even eat anything skeletal any more, and I'll even give the wings a hard pass. The Skin is the first organ, gone crispy by the grill, though the middle is more like rubber. 


The Gizzard is the best organ. Its plump and chewy texture hold in so much juice and finishes with a rebound savor. 


The Liver is lush with globules of creamy bile.


The Heart is another favorite - I like how they flay them into a thin splay with maximum surface area for all the sauce. The Meatball is soft and delicately sweet. It's never my favorite, but I have yet to have one that doesn’t wow. 



Even the Lotus Root is stuffed with chicken. White meat and peeks behind the eyes, and the flavor permeates a neutral root to enhance its basic fragrance.


The Chicken Sashimi. GULP. I haven't been this adventurous since I scooped the guts out of a silkworm when I didn't know better at the wise old age of 5. The sashimi is barely seared on the outside, and it tastes so slick and raw, like a creamy baby hamachi on neutral. It’s delicious if you can repress your fear, and it’s worth experiencing at least once in your life. Just make sure it’s at a restaurant with impeccable sanitation. 

The fastest way to heart is my stomach, and the fastest food is yakitori. I don’t know what they do at Torimatsu, but there has to be a technique and a hidden secret to their trade. They’re masters of their grill here, and they’re the only place that’s ever made me dream about a rice ball. 
Torimatsu Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment