Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Hana Sushi - Temecula, CA

You only get one birthday, but every other day is your un-birthday. On this rare occasion the Mad Hatter makes sense. I've never really cared about my one birthday - it's the 364 un-birthdays that add up to so much more.

It's the same with adventures. I loved that 4-day safari, and I'm gearing up for a skydive, but for my one birthday, I wanted a day of unadventures, and that was so much better. 


Hana Sushi was a food un-adventure and I loved every bite. The Garlic Shrimp are super jumbo, an appetizer of fun. What's not to love about garlic and butter?


The Chirashi bowl is the most generous I've ever seen, a thin layer of rice laced with a hint of vinegar, cushioning thick cuts of very fresh fish. There's so much of it, and it's all arrayed in lovely filets. Salmon, snapper, tuna and albacore. The octopus is pretty soft, the whitefish is really tender, and the cooked shrimp is an exceptional surprise. Finish with a couple spears of tamago, but you might need a little help. 

I love adventures, but sometimes I love un-adventures more. I enjoy exploring and trying new things, but sometimes I just want the things I love most, tried and true. Hana Sushi was new for me, and I loved their sushi. I have many adventures left in Temecula, but I'd still revisit Hana Sushi when the craving hits. 
Suki Hana Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment