Thursday, December 20, 2018

Luke’s Wedding - Wailea Country Club

Luke’s wedding, the highlight of this trip. I’m a cynical curmudgeon at heart, but not when it comes to Luke.

There really isn't anyone in the world like Luke. He is the brilliant, diligent baby brother I never had. There isn’t a single moment I doubt his integrity, his humility, or his absolutely genuine sweetness that never fails to make me smile. 

We all have that friend, the one that means the world to us. You want the best for him, and you pray that he’ll find someone who brings him as much happiness as he brings to everyone he knows. Imagine watching him finally find someone who sees him for how special he really is. Her name is Yosen. 


She is beautiful. Inside and out. And she is impressive. A fantastic cook, the kindest, most positive bright spot of your day, and she can wear a structured wedding dress and walk down the aisle on a soft lawn in heels. I couldn’t imagine a better match for Luke, and I’m thrilled he found someone who deserves him.


Wow, what a venue. Beachside ceremony by an elaborate clubhouse, instagrammable photos at their finest.


You never forget the friends you make in the trenches of residency, and I have the best memories with this amazing crew. Reunited after all these years. Have you ever seen a sunset so beautiful? 

I’m just here for the scenery. Wedding food has yet to blow me away...but WOW, THIS food! For the first time, literally ever, I regret not taking a photo. This buffet is out of this world, a salad bar with quinoa, stacks of galbi short rib, leg of lamb in gravy, scallops in bacon cream, and honey walnut jumbo shrimp. You know what kind of buffet this is when the prime rib carving station feels like an afterthought. 


An amazing night at the most beautiful wedding. But goodbyes aren’t in order yet. There’s a post-wedding breakfast first thing in the morning, and the fun is just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment