Monday, August 15, 2011

Full House at Stephi’s on Tremont - Boston


I swear this place's namesake was Full House's Stephanie Tanner: the sweet, usually pleasant middle child, eager to please, talented in a few things but not exceptional. That being said, like Stephanie Tanner, Stephi's is a sweet, pleasant place for a casual dinner or a catch-up brunch, and it middle-sized portions of filling fusions are a fabulous cure to an abrasive hangover.

The entire menu looked good, and I feel like I could have rolled dice and still been pleased with my meal. The French onion Panini is rich but not at all dry, and the onion soup dip is great with the juicy roast beef in the sandwich. The arepa con chorizo is a fun one: for just $12, you get a chorizo sausage and a warm, sweet corn cake. The portion size is just enough to leave you full but not too stuffed. Unfortunately, the pico de gallo overpowered the sweetness of the arepa a bit – I would have rather just had the arepa by itself.

Overall, I left feeling full and happy, and my brunch was solid. Not especially memorable, but definitely good. I'd come back with a gaggle of girls or a casual first date but only if all the good stuff on Tremont was full...

No comments:

Post a Comment