Monday, August 15, 2011

Colicchio's Genius at Craftbar - NYC



Tom Colicchio,
How do I love thee let me count the ways
I love thee for the depth and breadth and height
of flavor the Veal Sweetbreads reach, when melting in my mouth
For the ending bite of Brown Sugar Cake and ideal Duck Bruschetta.
I love thee for the level of every
Most perfect plate, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as chefs strive for Righteous Rillette;
I love thee purely, as they braise for Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old food gripes, and with my tastebuds’ faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my move to Boston --- I love thee with the flavorful,
Succulent, savor of all my palate! --- and, if Greenspan choose,
I shall but love thee better after Craft.

Bottom line: Mr Colicchio, I was biggest groupie before I went to your restaurant, but after your veal sweetbreads, I realized that your cooking is what legends are made of. I was always wary of Padma’s credentials, but I never doubted you and it is my great pleasure to find that my unshakeable faith in you as a culinary god is not in the least bit unfounded. As we speak, I have made a mental note to burn extra incense at your shrine tonight. And every time I crave the genius of legends, I will have veal sweetbreads at Craftbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment