Monday, August 15, 2011

How G'vanni's Earned Their Stars - Boston



Starting with 5 Stars:
Minus 3 stars = The inedible pile-of-salt drecktitude you had the gall to call risotto
Plus 1 star: When I complained to my server about the risotto, he said, pleasantly, “I’m so sorry. Can I bring you something else?”
Plus 1 star: I ordered the pumpkin ravioli because I figured it was the one thing on the menu that couldn’t possibly be salty. It was exceptional. Absolutely exceptional.
Miscellaneous pros and cons: The gnocchi is good – perfectly soft but with the right hint of chewy. I am personally not a fan of tomatoey, slightly sour sauces, but if you like the taste of tomato, this is a great sauce – very sharp and fresh and a great contrast to the heavy cream sauces that someone at your table is bound to order.
One gripe: The chairs at this restaurant look like the decorator raided every yard sale in Boston for a month to acquire them. Some of the ones with wicker backs have holes in them! They’re not all the same height or size so it’s a little awkward…
Bottom line: Shoot yourself rather than subject yourself to the risotto. But DO come to G’vanni’s – the service is amazing, almost as amazing as the pumpkin ravioli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment