Monday, August 15, 2011

Pica at Picco - Boston


Picco gave me pica. Seriously. I was licking the metal plate after the pizza was gone. Not a good idea considering I could literally feel the caramelized onion gluing the bacon from the Alsatian pizza onto my arteries...and did I care? Nope! Atherosclerosis is a great way to go if it’s caused by Picco’s pica-inducing pizza!


Avoid the pumpkin ravioli like the plague. The ravioli is forgettably fine but the goopy oil (how the heck do you manage to make oil goopy?!?) they call sauce makes all the things I consumed in my fit of pica want to reappear.


Order the Neopolitan pizza if you want to keep it simple. The mozzarella is divine. Craving pizza and salad? Want to fool yourself into believing you’re eating very healthy? The Red Pepper, Arugula & Goat Cheese pizza lets me play my favorite childhood game: hide the calories! If you arrange the top layer of fresh arugula just right, you can’t see the cheese underneath! And if you can’t see it, it doesn’t exist. Win!

Go there with a friend. Or two. DO NOT go with many friends and no reservation. The restaurant is tiny. But don’t judge a book by its cover and don’t judge this restaurant by its size!

No comments:

Post a Comment