Monday, August 15, 2011

Analyzing Alibi - Boston



Ok ok, so this isn't really a restaurant, it's a lounge. Butbutbut (read using a whiny voice) they have food and I write about fooooood...

It may seem like I've provided all the whine, but the wine by the glass is fantastic. Don't remember which one I had, but it was a deep French red. The kind that conjures the image of a beautiful beastly steak...

Came here for a random Monday night date, and the food was worth enduring the date...

My advice: get truffled polenta fries! It doesn’t matter what else you order, I’m sure everything on the menu is great, but the polenta fries are especially great, maybe more great – gritty but smooth in texture, perfectly fried rectangles of mealy goodness. The lobster pizza was also good – the lobster tasted fresh and the crust was crispy.

I can’t comment on the weekend scene, but it seems like a nice place to chill and the creative décor complete with bars and celeb mugshots is a decent conversation starter when all else fails…

No comments:

Post a Comment