Monday, August 15, 2011

Skillful Samurai - Boston

The samurai are good with their katanas, and the chefs at Samurai are good with their knives. The salmon nigiri in the sushi regular was the most beautifully cut fish I’ve ever seen – it draped over the rice like a perfectly tailored gown. Samurai is also the first place I’ve ever gone to that has the balls to serve amaebi (sweet shrimp) right next to the I-only-eat-cooked-sushi-crowd-pleasing ebi. There’s also lightly battered, crispily fried tempura for the sushi virgins who aren’t ready to take the big step.

Sushi is a lost art in Boston, but here it’s all in the details. I get salmon nigiri everywhere I go but I swear this flavor exploded in my mouth like none other. The freshness is unrivaled, the nigiri is perfect, but the server could use a little more education. If the chefs had been wielding katanas, I would have given this place 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment