Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Osteria by Fabio Viviani - LAX, Los Angeles

Oh good lord, what is this nonsense? I've been a die-hard fan of Fabio Viviani for a full decade now, and I even drove to Moorpark for Cafe Firenze. When I saw another of his creations at LAX, I knew I had to bite.


First bite and I knew I'd made a huge mistake. What is this pasty-white, mushy breading on the Fried Calamari? There's some detectable salt and pepper, but otherwise it's like crumbled wonderbread stuck to some frozen-not-fresh rings of immature (and tiny!) squid.


The Chicken, Pesto & Cherry Tomato Pizza has a solid thin crust, and the toppings are a combination of comfort food with lighter options. The chicken is tender, the the tomatoes are fresh, and the pesto is a nice blend. Overall not bad for a higher-end pizza, but this is really only a step above PizzaRev.

I expect airport food to be pricey, but you don't get what you pay for here. Even Panda Express is 1/4 the price but at least half the quality. The pizza isn't bad at all, but I expected so much more from Fabio.
osteria by fabio viviani Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment