Friday, June 8, 2018

The Pie Hole - Hollywood


Pie Hole in preparation for the hell hole that is Love Never Dies. Really, we were just looking for something quick, easy, and affordable near the Pantages, but I think we're onto something.



The Steak n' Ale is h-ale and hearty. It's a more solid beef stew that tastes like beef stew and Guinness in your stomach...after you consume both and shake your stomach to mix the two.



The Chicken and Cornbread is more of the comfort food. I don't detect much cornbread, otherwise it's a great chicken pot pie.



For dessert there is a Strawberry Lavender Hand Pie. Shaped like a large half-dumpling, a flaky crust and a thick layer of icing enfolds a fragrant strawberry filling that finishes surprisingly smooth.

Pie Hole is a place that snuck up on me. I expected a few steps above fast food, a fun but quality quick experience, and a carb-loaded alternative to Tender Greens. I got just that, but there is something so fun and fulfilling about filling up with pies both savory and sweet, and I guess I'm not the only one because Pie Hole has already gone global!
The Pie Hole Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment