Tuesday, June 12, 2018

BatterFish Food Truck - Los Angeles


I don't always see eye to eye with the famed Food Network, and we'll have to agree to disagree about several aspects of BatterFish.

First of all, why was it even featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives?!?! It is none of those things, and it is absolutely ridiculous to consider their now-legendary Lobster Roll to be not high-end. 


But here is where our disagreement ends. Guy is right on the money; "If you can make a living off a fish and chips truck in a town like Los Angeles, you must be doing it right." The lobster is so impossibly succulent, so tear-jerking tender, and the shrimp, which I initially dismissed as a profit-margin filler, is as perfect as the lobster, if not better. I've truly never had such perfect shrimp; they touched my tongue and melted away like the sweetest seafood whisper. 

I don't regret a penny of the first 12 dollars I spent, but I do feel that 16 is a bit steep for a lobster roll that isn't all lobster. Then again, that kind of quality can't come cheap, and my wallet and I have no regrets. I would do this again. And again and again.
Batterfish Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment