Tuesday, June 19, 2018

-8℃ Ice Cream - Gardena

My first and long-overdue encounter with rolled ice cream, a Thai dessert taking the world by storm:


I can see why. Ice cream in neat layers scratches the deep-seated itch of OCD, and my Red Matcha comes with a winning pair of grainy red bean and not-so-sweet matcha. Bonus: the toppings are unlimited, and I'm drowning in my favorite bits of fruit-flavored mochi and a guilty-pleasure strawberry egg roll. 


The Mango Go has a tropical theme puree, and coconut flakes and nutella are perfect toppers. 

And this is where the good stuff ends. Terrible service at the register to start.The credit card limit is $15, and refused to run $14.74. We both added a condensed milk mix-in for a 50-cent charge, which diluted both the matcha and mango and likely caused them to melt almost immediately. Still, ice cream is ice cream, but the rolls are crudely thick, nothing like the glamour promised by Instagram photos. My photos were taken seconds after we got our toppings, and the rolls were turning to slush before my eyes. I love the idea of rolled ice cream and will gladly give this place another try, but better service and a little more skill would get me back sooner. 
Negative 8C Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment