Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Hong Kong - Day 5 - Victoria Peak - Hong Kong

Ugh. I wish I could say my trip to Hong Kong had no low points, but this one is it. There's a gorgeous view of the city from the top of a pretty cool mini-mountain...so obviously they turned it into a money-maker. Squeeze the unsuspecting tourists looking for a view. Turn it all into a shopping mall with generic stores that you can find anywhere in the world and double the price of the underwhelming Peak Tram for a rooftop view of the city - the stores block the rest of the view.


Hungry? Dig into generic commercialized cafes, and try some rip-off matcha eggettes with a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream. The eggettes taste like they were made days ago. 


I’ve never seen birds actually beg for food...OMG PEOPLE don’t feed the damn birds!!!



There is at least one scenic overlook along an uphill walking path. The crowd isn’t big today but the fog unfortunately is. Still, it's a nice little nook and I'm sure there would be others if I wanted to continue looking. 



I would have also looked for the hiking trails and explored the garden but all I wanted to do was leave. Victoria Peak. Check. Peak tram. Check. Until next time someone forces me/never again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment