Friday, July 27, 2018

Pho 1945 & Poke Bowl - Lomita

Simple Vietnamese food and a poke option if you're feelin' it. 


Not feelin' it. The Spring Rolls are terrible. The wrapper has started going stale, and the shrimp is not fridge-fresh...as in it's clearly been in the fridge for days but hasn't gone bad. You can barely taste it, though - it's suffocating in a thick forest of lettuce leaves from which no flavor can escape, and no amount of sauce can save it.


The BBQ Chicken Bahn Mi is a much better choice for lunch. The baguette is nicely crispy but not big enough to give you a carb coma, and the chicken is tender and has just the right amount of sweet bbq flavor.


I've been craving Pho for days, and theirs does hit the spot well enough. The beef broth is standard and pretty okay. I went for small bowl with rare steak, tendon, and tripe, which is just enough to be filling but not too much for leftovers. The tendon is soft, the tripe is tripe, and the rare steak is tough and very NOT rare.

So far all the pho places seem interchangeable in the South Bay. This one is affordable in price and comparable in quality, though I think Pho Pch is a little bit better. I'd come back to grab a quick and casual meal if I were in the area and hungry, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make it back.
Pho 1945 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment