Thursday, July 5, 2018

Bottle Inn Hermosa - Hermosa Beach

One appetizer, three entrees, one dessert to share. A well-balanced meal for the healthy appetite...of 3-4 people. There were only two of us, and if two more people had joined, they would have watched us eat. Apparently, for me and Nichelle, Bottle Inn Hermosa is where moderation comes to die.

We clink our glasses together and take our first sips from an incredibly affordable bottle of rich Italian red. We never get bottles because of the price, but this is the first time we weren't deterred.


The rich red swirls around my mouth and vanishes as sour Artichokes Carcioffi Fritti dance across my palate. The garlic asserts its pungency, and olive oil mollifies while the white-wine-citrus-and-herb emulsion enhances.


From sour to creamy, Gnocchi Al Pesto float in a garlic pesto cream. The sauce enfolds each potato pillow, maximizing its a creamy impact.


The Fettuccini Bolognese is al dente all the way through, clining to a red-wine-beef ragout with a sharp and fresh pomodoro.


I've never had good Chicken Marsala, but I didn't realize it until I had this chicken marsala. The meat is browned into a thin topcoat of crispy sear. It breaks with the slightest knife cut, releasing a flood of tenderness and juice. The mushroom sauce is flawless brown comfort, and the roasted rosemary potatoes are the most herbalicious I've had to date. Even the side fantastically-roasted caramelized carrots will make you look.


We're full, but then we heard the words Chocolate Souffle. Made to order, it's a rich dish, a fluffy, dark cloud exploding from a heavy ramekin, going gooey with dollops of sweet whipped cream.

A romantic dinner, this one, an experience not to be forgotten. I always have a blast with Nichelle, but this date night is special in a way I didn't expect. It's rare to feel so comfortable anywhere, and no restaurant has made us feel so welcome. 

If you told me there was an absolutely perfect Italian restaurant with mind-blowing pasta and affordable bottles of wine in Hermosa Beach, I would ask you which mind-altering substance you've been taking. I had to see to believe it, and at Bottle Inn Hermosa, I got a delightful eyeful.
Bottle Inn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment