Thursday, August 11, 2022

Old Oregon Smokehouse - Tillamook, OR

Forget the creamery. Fried seafood sits right across the street with easy parking, outdoor seating, and no lines to speak of. 


They make a mean fish-fry - these Popcorn Shrimp have a fantastic batter. 


I went all out with a Crab Melt, and omg. Not a good omg. The slab of bread is long, and they’re not stingy about the crab. Nor are they stingy about the salt and the creamy, mayo-esque sauce-cheese mix, and herein lies the problem. There’s as much of the goop as there is crab so you’re not tasting crab, just scraping off sauce. I literally didn’t eat dinner because of this and I didn’t even finish.

Still, I love this place. The fried seafood is solid, and I’d come back for some family-fried fish n’ chips any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment