Thursday, August 11, 2022

Rollin’ Fresh - Portland, OR

Curiosity was killing me - I just had to try a sushi burrito.



Decided on the Spidey Sense, and it had a soft shelled crab that was to die for. But here’s the thing; I didn’t care for or care about anything else. The rice wasn’t seasoned like sushi rice, and some bites were bland because the burrito was thick and didn’t distribute the ingredients evenly. The Fresca slaw was weird and the salsa didn’t go with the theme. 


Spam Musubi was a pleasant surprise. A simple slab of spam on rice and wrapped in nori. They fried every surface crispy, just the right contrast of texture and taste. 

I liked Rollin’ Fresh in general, but I won’t be rollin’ up again. I didn’t mind it, but I also didn’t need it and certainly don’t need it again. Great idea and a fun concept but not the best in execution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment