Thursday, August 11, 2022

Fifty Licks - Portland, OR

I am obsessed with this ice cream! Subtler flavors are almost understated but precisely balanced.  


The Fig & Chevre, for example, has to be the best  cream I’ve had to date. Figs frolic with goat cheese cream, and it tastes like something you’d spread across a toast point at teatime. 

My least favorite is the Lavender Salted Caramel, which is lively with lavender but needs more caramel. 

Cornbread Honey Butter is just crumbly cornbread mixed into buttery ice cream, like buttering your bread but more like breading your butter.

Mango Sticky Rice is a marvel. A vegan ice cream but you can’t even tell they subbed the milk. It tastes exactly like that beloved Thai dessert, down to the authentic streaks of yellow mango. 


Amazing ice cream, best I’ve had to date. I’d take 12 pints home if I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment