Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Mix Bakeshop - Ashland, OR

Ashland claims to have an amazing food scene, but I had my doubts about this sweet but smaller city. 

A single bite a Mix Bakery Baguette and I'm sold. It's the best baguette I’ve had stateside, with a crispy, rippin' crust and a chewy, airy center. There is just the slightest lift of sourdough spelt to finish, and let's just say my kid walked out of the bakery hugging the remaining half to her chest. 


They make a mean half-sweet Mocha with a house-made syrup to go with any bread you choose. 


Get a baguette, but also make time for the Ham & Thyme. The ham is sliced beautifully thin and arranged in ribbons, a delicate meat completed by butter and herbs.


There's a Chocolate & Bourbon Pecan Tart that is to die for, a beautiful confection.  


The Lemon Meringue Tart is pure perfection, tangy custard topped with a cloud-swirl that's almost too pretty to eat. 

There is something special about Ashland, a serenity and peace I wasn't expecting. I fell in love with Ashland within an hour, and Mix Bakery got me with a single bite of baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment