Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Tenkatori Karaage - Gardena

I've been eyeing their breaded bird for years, and I'm finally getting to try it. 


Was so excited for the Sunagimo (fried gizzards). Love the gizzard, can never get the gizzard because literally no one makes the gizzard. These are pretty meh, a bit disappointing. The batter is spotty and soggy with grease, and the texture is tender enough but also on the chewy side.  


I regret skipping the regular karaage for the Sweet & Spicy. The sauce is super meh - there's so much soy sauce that it masks any pleasant flavors. 


Tebanaka is a 20-piece box of flats. I prefer the flats for nibbling, but some of these are tiny. The Curry is a dry rub, and I like the spice, but there's just so much dumped on that it sometimes makes you sputter. 

Original
is best, a little sweet with a whole lot of crunch. 

Is it even worth it if it isn't Vons? In this case, no. I liked Tenkatori, but I expected better than good, *shrug*, at a price point like theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment