Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sue's Kitchen - Torrance

While working on a soul-sucking Superbowl Sunday, I needed some comfort to calm my nerves. Taiwanese food does the trick, and Sue's stands staunchly in a swirling sea of stripmalls on that crazy corner of Crenshaw and Lomita.


The Chinese Burrito gets the job done, just your standard beef roll. The beef is thin and tender, wrapped in a scallion pancake.


Alright, I went for it. Intestine with Brown Sauce. It tastes as good as it looks. So not great. A bit slimy, a bit thin and dry. 


Chicken Fried Rice is fine, not too much oil but enough to keep those rice grains firm. 

I love that it's so mom and pop and that I have to order in Chinese. What I don't love is that most of this tastes like it's been sitting under a warmer all day. I get it, they can't predict their business, and their prices are pretty cheap, but I'd rather pay more for something a little more fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment