Wednesday, March 23, 2022

La Bella Napoli - Torrance

Pasta and pizza, as pretty as Italy itself. 


Margherita has melted mozzarella with a tangy-sweet tomato and fragrant fresh basil. I wish I got more basil, but the crust more than makes up for that. 


They make a picture-perfect Calabrese Pizza, topped with six slices of the juiciest, most savory salami, a calabrese with a bit of a burn. 


I was curious about the pasta, and I admit I like the pizza more. That said, this Gnocchi al Tartufo has a creamy sauce with juicy mushrooms and real shaved truffle. Speck adds some savor, but the sauce is more milky-cream than I'd like and finishes strangely sour. 

I think the pasta is a matter of personal taste, so I'll be back to try another. The pizza seems pricey, but the ingredients and that incredible crust are worth every penny. Amazing, authentic Italian in Crenshaw's stripmall sea? Oddio!

No comments:

Post a Comment