Thursday, March 24, 2022

N Cafe - Gardena

I've been curious for a while. A head chef from Venice legend Chaya defects for Japanese fusion in Gardena must be a headliner, and I must try the dishes that come from those hands. 


I'm starting with a Salad, though this seared ahi may not be the most fresh. Lovely mixed greens, a perky soy ginger dressing, this menu seems set for success. 


And what's not to like? Japanese and American and Japanese-American staples, this Fried Chicken Breast and Curry can do no wrong. The breading layer is thick so the crunch is real against a confident curry (not shown, obv). 


Penne Bolognese is rich and tomato-smooth with meat and little button mushrooms, and I just dig this savory sauce. 


Less successful is the Mentai Butter Spaghetti, with not much butter and a distinctly fishy taste from the roe and rubbery squid. Would not get this again. 

Overall, a great success. Satisfying meals and a solid rendition of so many staples. Next time I need a lovely lunch and a nice dinner, I'd definitely consider N Cafe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment