Thursday, June 30, 2022

Tigres Fuego - Redondo Beach

Take-out tacos with handmade tortillas right by the beach. Grab and go, sit on the sand, and dig right in. 


They're not small enough to be street tacos, strictly speaking, but they are delicious, and they do have some swag. The Turkey Carnitas, for example, make juicy, savory shreds from the blandest, driest meat, and though I prefer pork, these are a delight. 

Carne Asada is probably my favorite - I'm all for a chewy flour tortilla, and the charred steak with soft pintos and cheese is a pretty clear winner. 


Al Pastor has fruit and flair, well-seasoned and spicy, straight off the spit. 


Although I like the tacos, the jury's still out on the Peruvian Ceviche. Their leche de tigre was too much like leche - so thick with a sweet and creamy finish that I didn't entirely like. The albacore is quality, and the ingredients are fresh, but I personally wouldn't get it again. 

Ceviche aside, even the drinks are worth downing. Swig on some agua fresca or have the coconut horchata if that's your jam. Fruity and fresh, a justified expense. Call ahead for pick-up and bring a blanket for the beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment