Thursday, June 9, 2022

Kotosh UPDATE - Lomita

I often forget how much I like Kotosh. It often gets bypassed in favor of faster options, but once in a while, I get to sit down and smell the sushi. 


When it comes to sushi, Kotosh's is clean. It's good, upper-middle quality, fairly reflected in the price. 


A neat line of hand rolls rest in crispy nori, spilling with spicy tuna, scallops with roe, and creamy crab. 


The Tuna Tataki Roll has stripes of red and green, a fresh and lean tuna with avocado over shrimp tempura. 


My favorite specialty is the SLUR, sweet salmon and avocado over asparagus and crab. The white sauce looks like mayo, but it's actually white wine, and the creamy texture is nice. 


The Eel & Masago Roll and the Waterpillar are the same-same but different; one has the eel on top, the other, underneath. The eel is prepared properly, with none of the rubbery aftershock.


For those who can't get full from sushi, a generous portion of Chicken Fried Rice should fill you up. They make it properly, and they make it well. I prefer their lomo and pasta, but there's something for everyone on this monster menu, and I can't get enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment