Thursday, June 9, 2022

Poutine Brothers - Culver City

It's my birthday and I can order whatever I want. I don't want fancy, I don't want expensive, I just want to do the work. And if you want Poutine Brothers, you have to put in the work. Whether it's the half-hour spent trying to navigate their website (not their fault), days of planning to track their food truck, or circles walked wandering a back-alley to find their kitchen, Poutine Brothers will not be your easiest pick-up. 


But they just might be your most worthy. The fries are a good cut, and you can see the quality just from the color and texture. They're packed separately from the toppings and the gravy so they do a bit better in transit. 


The gravy is rich and soupy without being too thick or goopy. It's savory through and through without being too heavy or dense. The cheese curds are smooth and chewy, and every topping adds a little something. I wouldn't pair chicken tikka with the gravy, but the chicken itself is alright. Short rib is tender, smoked pork is awesome, and bacon is always a good idea. 


Choose chicken skin for crunch or deep-fried cheese curds to snack on if you feel so inclined, but they're less necessary to add to the decadence. 

It wasn't an easy search, but Poutine Brothers may be the most gratifying thing I've ever found this year. Even my friend who's had real poutine in Canada downed his entire dish in minutes. Now that I know where to find them, I'll be seeking Poutine Brothers again (and again) very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment