Saturday, August 4, 2018

Milk Bar - Las Vegas, NV

Almost ten years ago, my first taste of Milk Bar rocked my world. It threw everyone for a loop, dishing out just desserts, the likes of which the Lower East Side had never seen. 


For me, it was the Crack Pie. Cue clouds opening, streaming sunlight, and epiphany music. 


You don't even feel anything on the first bite, but we all like our sugar with butter and cream. The second bite sneaks up on you, and an insatiable desire to have more sets in somewhere between the second bite and the third. It sounds so simple, but what it does to you is something I can't even try to explain.


The Cake Truffles are another favorite. These aren't so original anymore, but I dare say they started the cake pop revolution. All sugar, crumbly and sweet; They'd probably turn your kids into bullets of energy and keep you clubbing all night.


Nostalgia makes me bold. I've always wanted to try the Cereal Milk Soft Serve, and I decide today will be the day. I should have quit while I was ahead. There is a reason it sounds like a bad idea. Spoiler alert: it is a terrible idea. It tastes like soggy corn flakes soaked in milk except the corn flakes are at least a year old. The cereal flavor is STALESTALESTALE and it is disgusting. In my husband's words, "It tastes like something I (and no one else in the world) shouldn't be eating."

The soft serve went into the garbage where it belongs, but we did get half a crack pie for the road. I still have a soft spot for Milk Bar, but I'd be damn glad to never see their cereal milk again.
Milk Bar Las Vegas Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment