Thursday, August 23, 2018

Pho Hong Long - Gardena

I hate to admit this; but I've never had good pho. All the broths I've tried are thin and forgettable, and it's a torturous taste, like a sneak preview to the unique powers of star anise, but a preview that barely scratches the surface.

Enter Pho Hong Long, recommended by my Vietnamese twin. Here they do the pho, and here they do it better.


The #19 Pho Tai Gan Sach is my usual, tender raw beef that cooks juicy-pink in the steaming broth, and my go-to mystery-meats, the soft tendon and tendrils of chewy tripe. The broth here is thick, a little bit creamy and cloudy with a deeper savory edge that tastes a lot more like tails, bone, and msg.


The #22 Pho Tai Gau is another fun choice with raw beef and fall-apart fat brisket.

This is more like it. I have yet to unlock the full power of pho, but at least I have an idea of how it's supposed to taste. Pho Hong Long is a definite step in the right direction, and it's worth the extra steps to Gardena.
pho hong long Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment