Saturday, August 4, 2018

Holsteins Shakes and Buns - Las Vegas, NV

They say that two different people going into the same restaurant can have completely different perceptions. I think that is true, but that is not what happened to us. Two different people at the same table went to Holsteins and had completely different experiences. 

I'm still not sure what happened, and I'm still scratching my head. We both had burgers, and we both had fries. We ordered different burgers, and although both came with similarly bland beef, it's seems that my husband's lunch was made by a chef with some skill, while mine may have been scraped together by...the janitor. 


I ordered The Fun-ghi, excited about the shrooms. I ordered it medium, and the server specifically stopped me mid-order to clarify that their medium burgers were pink in the middle. I didn't find that surprising, as that would be expected of meat cooked medium, but I guess they didn't do that with mine because it was overcooked and so dry that the middle was brown and the edges had the texture of gravel. The patty had no detectable seasoning, not even salt, and despite a great slice of gruyere over juicy mushrooms, and a smooth truffle mayo, you just can't make up for a bad patty. Oh, and my fries were wet, insult to injury. So soaked with oil they were juicy, and they had sat under a heat lamp for so long that they were cold. Not cool, not lukewarm, but out-of-the-fridge COLD. 


My husband got The Forager Burger, and his patty was plump and tender, pink all the way through under a thin, gorgeously grilled exterior. Tomato confit livens up a gooey fried egg and Swiss, and his fries were crispy and pretty fresh. 

This is the first time, in a very long time, that I've actually left a restaurant feeling disgusted. They didn't have a lot of customers for lunch, but serving a plate of leftover mess-ups to one person and a nice plate to the person next to them at the same table is downright rude. Don't worry, Holsteins, you won't have to make it right. I go to Vegas all the time, but I sure as heck won't be eating anything you make again.
Holsteins Shakes & Buns Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment