Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh OSushi - Boston



I hate green seaweed. (Does that make me a bad Asian?) I love the seaweed wrapped around maki rolls, but I hate the chewy pungently fishy green shreds that compose the traditional seaweed salad appetizer. Except here. Here, I order the seaweed salad or the miso soup every time because both are delicious. The seaweed salad tastes so fresh, and the miso soup is especially savory with a much richer flavor than I’ve had anywhere else. 4.5 stars for the seaweed salad and the miso soup.
If you’re here to order sushi, don’t be in a hurry and try not to be starving when you arrive – sometimes it takes a while to come out. If you also ordered tempura, be prepared to have it for dessert. The sushi is solid, but some of the prices are ridiculous. There is never a reason to pay more than $6 for a spicy tuna maki! The speciality rolls are a little too unauthentic for my taste - almost everything is cooked and deep fried yellowtail doesn’t even sound like a good idea. However, they do taste pretty good, and the raw fish is pretty fresh. I have lots of fond memories here so I’ll keep coming back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment