Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Whoa Nellie Deli - Lee Vining, CA

This convenience-store-deli guards the gateway to Yosemite National Park. Last stop before you hit the park, perfect stop to fuel up on fish tacos and get a look at Mono Lake. 


The World Famous Fish Tacos are pretty okay considering they're seafood in a landlocked city surrounded by mountains and trees. The fish is pretty fresh, and the portion is substantial. The mango salsa is sweet with very ripe fruit, a bit less bland than the ginger slaw. 


The BBQ Chicken Sandwich is about what you'd expect. It's a bland breast saturated with sauce, though the chicken isn't dry and the sauce does have a nice flavor. 


A slice of Cheese Pizza placates the kids but I would recommend anything else.

I did like this deli, but I don't know if the fish tacos are fully deserving of their fame. The food is decent deli fare, and I do think it's a fun stop on the way to wherever you're going, but I don't think I would stop for the food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment