Friday, September 8, 2023

NYC - Day 6

The Grotto Pizzeria & Ristorante - New York, NY

I can't leave New York without a slice of pizza, and this is where Wall Street used to go. The cashier doesn't actually listen to what I'm saying and gets rude when she rings me up wrong three times in a row. And that's how I know the pizza will be good. 


The slice of Cheese just begs to be folded, a big floppy blanket of thin crust and chew cheese. 


There's a slice of Mushroom because I love them, but honestly, I'd stick to just the cheese. 

You go down the stairs in a back alley to get to this pizza place, and it's not John's or Joe's, but I'm glad I went where the locals go. 




Staten Island Ferry - New York, NY


Oh my, we are cute! 


I love that after all these years, this breathtaking view of the famous statue is free, but beware, you'll never capture more than a blur on your cell phone. 




T. Cafe - Tin Building - New York, NY

It's all so fancy, but I'm not too hungry so we stop at T. Cafe for a snack. 


Caneles are fabulous, and the Basque Cheesecake is simultaneously fluffy and light. They go well with a classic coffee or cappuccino. 


It's a day well-spent before I head up the east side for dinner, and I love the easy pace of this place. You could literally stay all day hopping from place to place, splitting a pizza here, grabbing a taco there. I didn't get to try much from this famous food hall, but I did see enough to know that you probably should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment