Wednesday, September 6, 2023

NYC - Day 1

It’s already been the most dramatic of trips, starting with the high cost of rebooking a nonrefundable ticket to fly out ahead of a hurricane. The anxiety of being bumped off an oversold flight and the fear of cancellation due to rain was unbearable until we were in the sky. 

A smooth landing and a can ride through Queens gets me a view of the World’s Fair spaceships, and it’s a reminder that I never did adequately appreciate this city when I lived in it, and the elevator ride to the 26th floor reminds me that it’s been over a decade since I’ve been inside a high-rise. 


But there’s a best friend, a charcuterie platter, and a glass of Prosecco waiting on the other end. 


And there isn’t a view like this anywhere in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment