Thursday, October 20, 2022

Qin West Noodle - Culver City

A new location close enough for delivery, and I am just so stoked. Good Chinese, with noodle soups that get respect. 


The Liang Pi is always my staple, and it looks like it's bland but even the mild is spicy so make sure you have water handy. This one is pretty good - the spice sticks a bit more than others I've had before. 


I'm told you must have it paired with the Chinese Mo, a sandwich of pulled pork between slices of crispy mantou-type bread. The mo is hard, the pork is dry, and I wonder if people are pulled by its novelty rather than its merit.



The Guilin Soup, however, is lovely. Like a hot and sour without the texture, the mild isn’t spicy but it has a lovely flavor profile that works well with any level of heat. Soy sauce beef for the savor, peanuts for the umami, and a really great spread of pickled veggies to add some acid to give it a lift. 


Beef Chow Mein is a safe bet because that's what hubby will eat, and it's an offset for the spicy things. The noodles have an absolutely perfect chewy texture but I can taste the oil more than I’d like. 

Portions are generous so one entree each will suffice. Soups aside, most things are good for sharing, and it's really a great option if you're looking for an easy meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment