Thursday, October 20, 2022

Torrance Bakery UPDATE - Torrance

I rarely go see someone without picking up some pastries from this neighborhood treasure first. 

They make understated baked goods, and my appreciation grows every time I go. Just a regular old Buttermilk Donut remains my go-to with a cup of coffee made hot, but I also appreciate a good Apple Fritter or their classic Croissant, chocolate or not. One is fluffy butter, the other is flaky sweet.

Newer discoveries include these surprisingly good muffins. I love the crumbly Sour Cream, and the seasonal Cranberry Orange is one I want all year round. Apple Turnovers are a good, gooey filling, but here's the best thing they have; the Bear Claw. So many little toes of cinnamon-sugar goodness. 


I rarely get their sweets. The Maple Bacon Cupcake is a sugar splurge, and I like the still-crunchy bacon bits with creamy maple frosting. It's heavy, though, probably better to share. 

A sweet, sweet-seller in old town Torrance, one of the places I'll sorely miss, now that I've moved away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment