Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Angel Maid Bakery - Los Angeles

When I was hospitalized back in March, I could barely eat. Even the thought of tortillas or toast would make me gag, and anything with flavor was not an option. 

Then an angel saved me...an Angel Maid, to be exact. The Passionfruit Chiffon Cake was the thing, my first taste of real food in over a week. The cake is so fluffy and sweet, and the passionfruit added a tartness that kept the nausea at bay. I ate almost half a slice. 



A bit dramatic but a true story for sure. I went back when I was normal to split a Strawberry Shortcake. Those airy layers of cake are like clouds, and there's barely any sugar in that dense cream which coddles sour summer strawberries. Their cake tastes even better when I'm not dying. 


Cakes are everything, but the Tea Cakes are a hidden treasure so grab them if they're there. Tehse simple little squares of glazed maple breathe a beautiful sigh of citrus. 

Get anything, get everything. It's all made well by Angel Maid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment