Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Naja's Place - Redondo Beach


My office elected me...okay, fine, appointed/forced me to be social chair. My job description: to choose a bar for happy hour every other week or so and convince them to show up to said bar. 

They say I'm doing okay, but they might be FOS. All events have been sort of attended - at least 3-5 of the 15-20 invited do show up, but a show rate like that is more like a protracted slow-clap when you finish the race... after every other runner has lapped you at least three times.

But I persist. Because I am stubborn AF, and there's no way I'm missing IPA week at Naja's. Unfortunately, they've run out of our first five choices of IPAs, but there are still plenty to try, and the company is #worthit. Three is never a crowd when these guys come out.

We all order different things; New Belgium's lighter, blonder interpretation for the hoppy lightweight, something dark for the man with only three facial expressions, and the Knotty IPA from Three Weavers for inquisitive me. 


There is only one thing that rivals the company, and that is this basket of Wings. I didn't even think to order food; as social chair, I have much to learn. The convo is flowing, but this dry-rub has a layer of freshly-ground habanero that goes good with beer and adds spice to everything it touches...just make sure it doesn't touch your eyes.


For every protein, there needs to be a carb. Naja's has Fries. Because who doesn't like fries? These are crispy with a layer of golden grease.

I rarely write about bars, but I'll make an exception for Naja's Place. They are a pillar upon which the very foundation of Redondo Pier is built, and the too-cool-for-school ambiance with a California-laid-back vibe captures the very spirit of the pier. 

The happy hour is short, but I come away just a little more determined to turn my happy hours into tradition. This social chair does NOT intend to slack, and sooner rather than later, I'll be dragging the group back to Naja's.
Naja's Place Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment