Friday, June 23, 2017

Da Pasquale UPDATE - Beverly Hills


Back again. And a lot sooner than I thought. But someone says "birthday party", and I come running.


Why mess with a good thing? Birthday boy loves Da Pasquale, and I'm not about to argue. We get the Proscuitto San Daniele again because it's too good not to, and the burrata is still some of the best I've had. 


The quality of the service is less consistent tonight, as our server tries to give away my appetizer and my wine multiple times, but the quality of the food can always be counted upon. The Carpaccio di Manzo is new for me, and it's awesome. A tender filet mignon is sliced paper-thin, and it finishes savory and rich as it melts in your mouth. 


I wasn't feeling the heavier meats after the apps so we clink glasses over a Pappardelle con Asparagi e Pollo. The ribbon pasta is at the usual level of perfect, and al dente makes a good contrast with cooked-but-still-crisp asparagus spears and a softer, neutral chicken. I wouldn't call the sauce light pink, but it's an apt description for its much lighter, not-so-tart tomato base. Not my favorite, but still well-made. 


The Spaghetti alla Pescatora is a an ocean on a plate. The clams are briny, the mussels are soft, and the shrimp are tender. There's a small spicy kick that brings out the freshness of the tomato sauce, and it flatter the seafoam saltiness that permeates the dish.



The birthday boy gave me his ice cream for dessert. Before you give me that what-kind-of-person-eats-the-birthday-boy's-ice-cream look, he can't have dairy. And anyway, that light raspberry sauce is worth some scorn. 

It's still good. And I still like it. That's really all that matters. What also matters is that Da Pasquale is full of genuinely good people cooking and serving genuinely good food. Da Pasquale, don't ever change!
Da Pasquale Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment