Tuesday, December 15, 2015

H.T. Grill - Redondo Beach


Five years of Yelp Elite, and all I can say is, wow. I've learned so much, and with each review, I feel I contribute to something so much bigger than the meal in front of me or the experience at hand. Yelp has changed the way businesses work, holding them accountable for their hits, their misses, their mistakes. I can always count on Yelpers to be honest, and unfortunately, if Yelpers are to be believed, it seems H.T. Grill has made their fair share of mistakes. It seems even their bottomless brunch can't wash away what's past.


I didn't have a single mimosa at H.T. Grill and still I can't entirely agree with Yelp. I get it, the Shrimp & Grits were nothing special, but even for a girl from the south they certainly weren't causing any pain. The chorizo adds a strong, slightly discordant note, but the shrimp are well-cooked. The texture of the grits is a bit off but definitely not one-star off.



I expected even less from the Sailor Omelet, but the real lump crab does just fine with avocado, though it tastes a little bit canned. Even then, the thick blanket of omelet doesn't obliterate the crab.


I respect all Yelpers, but I don't always agree. Regardless, I can't help but appreciate just how much freedom Yelp provides. Yelp is a forum for those with passion, be it a swooning love at first bite or a burning dislike of brimstone and fire. Either way, Yelp gives people a voice, a way to express how they feel and perceive. It's just that some restaurants allow more positive expression than others. Unfortunately for H.T. Grill, the popular opinion was not so much.

H.T. Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment