Thursday, December 17, 2015

Da Maat - Torrance


My waxer tells me that Koreans have the best skincare. She is 50 with a skin-age of 29 so clearly I have some googling to do. Plus, she assured me, it wasn't too late. Get on it soon, and I wouldn't be "stuck with this face forever."


And this is how she lost her tip...I spent it on the Koreans instead because somehow she got me craving food. I don't think Da Maat's Mul Mandoo helped my skin at all, but their skin is the right chewy texture and thickness, stuffed with a bonus of beef, pork, and veggies. Who needs skin care when you can have dumplings that taste like home cooking?


The Bulgogi is Korean classic that doesn't get old. The rib eye ages gracefully, and with just the right dash of bulgogi sauce on a sizzling skillet, it's as tender and smooth as the day it was born.


The steamed pork in the Da Maat Bossam is so soft I swear someone massaged it. Wrapping it up in cabbage crunch with a crisp dash of pickled daikon and kimchee cranks it up a notch.


They say steam is good for the skin, and the Haemul Kalguksu was opening the pores with salivating scents of al dente hand cut noodles in a seafood broth.


The Chic Mul Naeng Myun has tendinous buckwheat noodles in a cold beef broth for contrast, the best way to close those open pores after a fantastic meal.

I still haven't tried anything Korean in terms of skincare as my pride has yet to heal, but if the food is any indication, Koreans are clearly onto something. Da Maat's food is as flawless as their skin, full of a flavor I would gladly pay to preserve.

Da Maat Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment