Sunday, September 27, 2015

Saloon BBQ Co. - Ventura


Ventura? I thought, What the heck is in Ventura? I still haven't found an answer to that question, but I did find Main Street and the Saloon.

There are plenty of beers on the menu and on tap  many of them local. And if I weren't interviewing the next day, i probably would have sampled several whiskey flights.




The food goes good with beer and whiskey, and although the BBQ is obviously the entree, the sides are pretty sweet. The broccolini is legit - they definitely know how to steam. The baked beans don't give my beloved Beantown a run for its money, they're still soft and taste like the good version of what comes from a can.




The Sample Platter to Share could have easily fed three moderate people, but we made it work for two. The pulled pork could have been more moist, but the brisket couldn't be better. The tri tip was a luxury - the tender nuggets with tracks of fat were my favorite.

A decent place to eat and pretty good place to drink? Thanks Ventura, that'll do. I could still nitpick, but why sweat the small stuff when I can eat, drink, and be merry?


Saloon BBQ Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment