Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thai Thani & Yum Thai - Redondo Beach


Two Thai places, both within a mile. Can't say which one I like better so how will I ever choose?


Thai Thani has a Mango with Sticky Rice that rocks my world, but I'm afraid that's where my endorsement ends.



The Hawaiian Curry is a minimalist combination of pineapple and shrimp, just the way I like it, but the red curry tends to separate, leaving you to skim an inch of oil off the top.



But the Pad Thai meets the standard. Sweet-y, nutty, well-textured rice noodles will curb any craving.


Thai Thani Noodle is basically pad Thai by a different name with a sweeter sauce, best for the appeasement of those with an unfortunate allergy to peanuts.
Thai Thani Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




Unlike Thai Thani, Yum Thai has Papaya Salad. The shreds should be more finely shaved, but the flavor is present enough, and the handful of dried shrimp add a splash of authenticity.


Unfortunately, I compliment the authenticity of Yum Thai with grains of sticky rice firmly adhered to my fingers, so needless to say, they need a little work.



But the Pineapple Curry is undoubtedly better. The thick, yellow Penang remains cohesive as a creamy coconut concoction.


Neither place is worth texting home about, especially after you've been to Thai Town. But still I'm happy to go to town on my takeout, no matter where it's from.
Yum Thai Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment