Peacock Alley at the Waldorf Astoria - New York, NY
The work uniform for women is a floor-length sequined gown, in case you're wondering what world you're in.
The walls, the floor, tastefully tiled, precisely planned,
The complementary cheez-its are grand, aged cheddar full of flavor. Furikake nuts go with just about everything,
How about a Cheese & Charcuterie, salt and savory to offset the sweet? Cured hams and aged cheeses are paired with plush dried figs and a gooey onion jam.
Pigs in a Blanket are served on this tiered tray, individual shelves to highlight the fluffy dough encasing house-made wagyu dogs.
Not my kind of place, I thought, but the longer I sat, the better I felt. Sure, I’d default to something less upscale, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love sipping and snacking in this lovely lounge. What a wondrous place this is, perfect for prattling, fitting for friends.
We continue on a walk around the area, stopping to see highlights like the newly-constructed JP Morgan building which has been generating quite a buzz.
and we stop for a moment to gaze wistfully into the window of American Girl, pretending we will buy the dolls our childhood selves could never afford.
Not nearly as cool as the towering store of Louis Vuitton which has fasteners built into the building.














No comments:
Post a Comment