Thursday, September 5, 2024

Bridgetown Roti - Hollywood

There are two kinds of people: those who can deal with traffic and those who cannot. And then they marry each other. I will drive anywhere in anything to get to my food but my husband will not. And then he knocked me up so here he is, driving me to Bridgetown Roti. 


After a single bite of the Chicken Curry Roti, he declared, “I would drive here anytime to eat this again.” He has never before uttered these words because I have never known anyone who hates Hollywood more than he does. So try the chicken curry here. The thigh meat is tender and soaked in an ethereal spice mix, full of island charm…and whatever powerful witchcraft can propel my husband back to Hollywood. 


The Red Pepper Goat Roti is a hard-hitting, spicy, goat-gamey stew-wrap of shredded meat that melts in your mouth. 


Soothe the burn with a bite of the creamy Mac and Cheese but beware the hint of ghost pepper that sneaks up oh-so subtly. 


Cool down with the Jerk Cucumber Salad as well if you wish. The vinaigrette is quietly refreshing and delivers a satisfying crunch in every bite. 


But if you do nothing else here, be sure to snag the Wings. A jerk brine followed by a jerk sauce sinks the flavor in and with that sweet sear of honey…well, there are no better wings in the world. 

I don’t need to tell you how special this place is. Arguably the first real roti in SoCal, they’ve already carved out their niche. Every item on their menu will sear itself into your memory, and their house-made mixes of powder and curry will make them a legend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment