Wednesday, July 3, 2024

3Catea - San Gabriel

It seems like boba bars are the bodegas of the SGV, and each one wants to outdo the last. I'm seeing menus full of crazy concoctions and inconceivable combos of flavors, and it's an overwhelming but welcome quest to catch 'em all. 


They're all great in their own way, but 3Catea may be where I stop because I cannot even consider anything better than the handmade, DRINKABLE mochi they make here. Because yes, at 3Catea you can sip strands of stringy, chewy rice-cake mochi through a boba straw, relishing all that texture while you swallow sweet blends of Matcha or Mango and chew on some boba if you choose to add it. 


Fresh Oolong Tea with cheese foam is also fantastic, and it seems no drink here lacks the "wow factor". 

In the SGV, the boba competition is keen, and I don't think you'll leave anywhere truly unsatisfied. But 3Catea is the only place I know that serves mochi in a cup, so 3Catea is where I will stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment