Thursday, April 14, 2022

Pinky's Hotbox UPDATE - Torrance

Despite the South Bay's diversity, Nashville hot chicken has been hard to have. Pinky's has no parallel in Torrance/Lomita, and they carry their cuisine quite well. 


Their superbowl special Chick-arron is a stroke of genius. Chicken skin, flash-fried to dissolve on contact, dipped in vinegar-water for a sharp sour that's set to satisfy. 


I get my usual Tenders, mild if I'm playing it safe, medium if I wanna sweat. I do wish there was a heat level more in the middle for the slightly-more-than-mildly adventurous. 


OG Sando is still a sweet sandwich. They make a good fry, and their comeback sauce adds a creamy kick. Bonus points for the buttery brioche bun. 


And I am always a huge fan of their seasoned Fries. 

It's been a few years, and I think Pinky's has found their footing. Quality is consistent, but I detect a little more confidence and swagger as they slowly expand their menu, especially in terms of sandos. I love that they're offering a bit more now, and I'm excited to try new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment