Friday, April 8, 2022

Aptos Trip - Day 1 - Star of Siam, Soquel, CA

A later start but not so bad in terms of escaping LA traffic at its worst. About hour of intermittent congestion and it’s 6 hours of relatively smooth sailing from there. There’s a small apocalypse of vomit early on, but we’ve grown as parents, and we just handle it, non-amateurs that we are. 

Dinner is Star of Siam, one of a handful of Grubhub options, and I’m not too impressed.


Potstickers are alright, a worthy app. Don’t worry, you get six, I just forgot to photograph until only two were left.


Papaya Salad is refunded because they gave us a Thai Salad instead. I’ll give it to them, that peanut dressing is delicious. It looks like peanut butter but there’s a bit more to it. Otherwise it’s mostly lettuce leaves and an egg. 


Pad See You is made in oil that isn’t fresh, and the aftertaste gives me nausea.

Massamun Curry looks and tastes suspiciously like red, and it’s a bit of a vegetable dump. Broccoli is abrasive, and the cabbage is weird. I wanted some veggies, but I don’t think I’d do this again. 

Mango Sticky Rice is made with not Thai yellow mango and it’s not quite ripe. 

The menu is huge, over 100 items, all drastically different. I’m sure this place has potential, but they would do better off they focused on doing a few things well instead of many things mediocre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment