Thursday, April 14, 2022

Birdies - Los Angeles

Seizing a rare opportunity, I get to grab Birdies for lunch. 


The Birdies Original is just a fantastic sandwich. A fried slab of chicken breast is juicy and tender despite the thickness, topped with melted cheddar, pickles, and slaw. 


The original sandwich is strong, but the Nashville Hot Chicken is where it's at. Same glorious fry, and the medium hot has a satisfying spice-paste that burns but doesn't scorch. Same toppings, just a messy, sloppy, chef's kiss.


I got greedy and went for their biggest specialty donuts. Strawberry Shortcake is full of berries and cream, and the donut itself is just a fantastic-tasting fluff. Banana Cream Pie tastes just as pretty; instant love. 

They also gave me a free sample donut so I got to try sugar and icing with a hint of Pistachio while I waited for my food to cook. 

Coffee, donuts, chicken. Say no more, I'm there. And I'll be back too - that hot chicken is kicker, and those donuts are delectable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment