Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Gardena Bowl Coffee Shop - Gardena

 

I hate bowling. I don’t know what size ball I need, I don’t know how to throw it, and yes, I will still bowl a 63 with gutter guards. 

I will NOT go bowling. I will NEVER...wait a minute... Did you say cafe? Well a bowling alley cafe is right up my alley. 


This cafe serves Japanese-Hawaiian soul food, some of the South Bay’s best. Hearty heaps like the Hawaiian Royal are EXACTLY the kind of food I would eat at a bowling alley...because I would have to be very drunk to there, and there is no better hangover prophylaxis than this. The colors are brighter than a lei, and the radioactive-red chashu chunks are as delicious as they are suspicious. It’s a beautiful mess of a scramble, a literal green eggs and ham as chopped scallion perks up a fluffy mix of eggs, chashu, and sausage over rice.


They have sandwiches if you’re more about lunch than brunch. Bonus points for the Chicken Katsu Sandwich cutlet for overhanging the bun, and an extra point for toasting the bun like this.



The Loco Moco is truly loco. That slab of hamburg is half the size of the box, and a fried egg runeth over. Plenty of smothered onions and a thick brown gravy to cover the rice and keep you eating. 

Don't get your hopes up about me bowling, but if you go to Gardena Bowl I’d go in a heartbeat. And I’d cheer you on...with my mouth full. 
Gardena Bowl Coffee Shop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment